- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus additional for drizzling
- 1 red onion, halved from stem to root and thinly sliced crosswise
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound Swiss chard, ribs removed, leaves chopped
- 1/2 pound whole-wheat or multi-color pasta
- olive oil, for dressing
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic, and cook 1 minute. Stir in the bread crumbs and toast until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
Wipe the skillet clean, and return it to a medium-low heat. Add the oil, the onion and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until very soft and caramelized, 15 to 20 minutes. Add the Swiss chard, a handful at a time, and cook until wilted, about 4 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add…
View original post 37 more words